Tockholes Chapel was one of the first established non-conformist Chapels in our area, founded in 1662. For more than 350 years it has been a well loved place of worship extending a warm welcome to all the people of our village and beyond.
Over that time, the congregation has worshipped in several different building. A church was first built on the present site in 1710, but the current building dates from 1880. The elders of Tockholes Chapel care for two graveyards, one in its grounds, and the other at the bottom of Free School Lane.
An excellent history of the Chapel is included within the books Tockholes: A Time Warp and Tockholes: Time Warp revisited.